Below is a listing of commonly asked questions and answers for the Prodigy P2, Proportional Brake Controller For Trailers with 1-4 Axles, Grey. If you can't find the
information you need here, please submit your question to us using the form in our contact page.
Select a question to view the answer.
The display shows one dot or the display shows two dots.
The left dot is the power indicator. Meaning that the P2 is powered up and ready. The right dot is the Boost indicator. This tells you that there is a level of boost set.
Display only goes up to 0.0 to 4.2 when applying brakes.
With Proportional Type digital controls the vehicle must be in motion for the control to have output. If the vehicle is sitting still with the vehicle's brake depressed or stopping very slowly the voltage displayed will be very low on the control. The is normal operation.
The P2 display shows PL.
The P2 detected a power loss on the Black wire.
- Applied brake pedal or manual lever while connecting P2 to power.
- Poor connection on Black wire, Fuse or Circuit Breaker.
- Faulty circuit breaker or Fuse.
The display shows og or OG.
The P2 detects an open ground.
- Poor or no connection to ground on the White wire of the P2
The display is blank.
The P2 will go into a Sleep Mode after approximately 15 minutes of no movement or input.
- P2 went into sleep mode.
- No power on black wire of P2.
- Bad ground on White wire of P2.
No "C" displayed with trailer connected or shows "nc" with trailer connected.
The P2 has to have a complete circuit on the Blue wire to the trailer brakes and then to ground.
- Open on brake circuit (Blue wire).
- Power back feed on brake wire (Blue wire).
- Trailer has electric over hydraulic brakes and control set for electric brakes.
- Brake circuit has incorrect resistance on electric brakes.
- Open on ground of brake circuit.
The display shows "SH".
- Short to ground on brake wire (Blue wire).
The display shows "OL".
The P2 detects excessive current on the brake wire (Blue wire).
- Short to ground on brake wire.
- Trailer has electric over hydraulic brakes and control is set to electric brake mode.
- No power on battery charge circuit (for electric over hydraulic brakes only).